Monday 9 August 2010

Idaho State Number 5 - How Did Those Losers Get In The Top 5 - It's Official - Idaho State Is First

How did those two-time losers USC and Michigan get ahead of Boise State in the final football pole? The top 3 should have been Florida, Boise State, and LSU. And wasn't it Auburn that put Florida to sleep during the season. So it was early in the season. So what? It was in the season.

My top five is now official: Florida, Boise State, LSU, Auburn, and USC.

Oh, what the heck. Unbeaten Boise State is first. My top 5 is now more official: Boise State, Florida, LSU, Auburn, and USC.

Now, don't you feel a lot better?

Darn! I left Oklahoma out. It's Boise State, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Auburn, and USC. Sorry USC. I still love you.

I just knew the game for the national football championship would be a dud. It often is. Ohio State had laid off so long it looked like they had never played the game. And Florida looked so fresh and full of spunk. God Bless Em'.

And I also felt that the Rose Bowl game would be a downer too. It was. USC came to play and Michigan was just glad to be in the California sun.

Unsurprising to me, a self-made football expert (I'm just kidding. This is Taylor Jones, the hack writer) the other bowl games were terrific, the best I've seen.

And of course, the most exciting was to see that great Oklahoma team, that can beat anybody on a given day, fight for their life in the Fiesta Bowl against spunky and an unbeaten (Ra Ra Hooray!) Boise State University team (an hour-and-a-half or so up the road who has a horrible blue football field).

Wouldn't it have been great to have Boise State play LSU (who could beat the Green Bay Packers) and Florida play Ohio State and then the winners play each other for the national championship?

Darn! I left Oklahoma out again. We have to add two more games requiring each winning team to play twice.

Okay, I've thought his out.

Here is the schedule we should have had:

Oklahoma against Boise State

Auburn against LSU

USC against Michigan

Florida against Ohio State

Boise State would have then played LSU. USC would have played Florida.

Finally, Boise State or LSU would have played Florida for the national championship.

I'm glad we worked that out.

But could it have been even more EXCITING here in Idaho where everyone has GONE CRAZY?

I think Boise has victory parades scheduled up through August.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment